We’ve all been there before. You’re bored, you’re looking for something to do, and you decide to make a prank call. But what are the best phone numbers to call for a good laugh? In this blog post, we’ll count down the top 10 funniest phone numbers to call for a laugh. From fake customer service hotlines to absurd government offices, these numbers are sure to get a rise out of whoever you call.
What is a prank call?
A prank call is a phone call where the caller intends to make the person they are calling laugh. There are many different types of prank calls, but some common ones include making funny noises, asking bizarre questions, or saying something embarrassing.
Prank calls can be harmless fun, but sometimes they can go too far and cross the line into harassment or even stalking. If you receive a prank call that makes you feel uncomfortable, hang up and do not answer if the caller tries to call again. You can also report the call to the police if you feel like you are being harassed.
The history of prank calling
Prank calling has been around for centuries, and it’s still as popular as ever. There are many different ways to make a prank call, and the options are only limited by your imagination.
The history of prank calling is a long and storied one. Prank calls have been made since the early days of the telephone, and they’ve only become more popular with the advent of caller ID and other modern technology.
Prank calls can be traced back to 1876 when Alexander Graham Bell made the first-ever phone call. Just a few years later, in 1884, Thomas Edison made the first recorded phone call, which was a prank call to his friend William Ebbett.
Edison’s prank was simple: he called Ebbett and asked him to answer the phone by saying “Hello, Central.” When Ebbett did as he was asked, Edison then asked him to repeat the phrase several times. This resulted in Ebbett becoming very flustered and angry, and he eventually hung up on Edison.
This early prank set the stage for many more to come over the next century-and-a-half. In 1938, Orson Welles made a famous prank call to a restaurant in New Jersey posing as Adolf Hitler. The restaurant owner fell for the joke and even served Welles’ “bodyguards” sandwiches filled with nails.
In 1962, comedian Alan Sherman made a series of iconic prank calls that
How to make a prank call
There are a few things you’ll need before making a prank call:
-A person to call
-A good prank call idea
Once you have those things, you’re ready to make a prank call! Here’s how:
1. Dial the number of the person you’re going to call.
2. When they answer, start talking in a silly voice.
3. Say whatever comes into your head – the crazier, the better!
4. Hang up when you’re done or when they’ve had enough.
5. laugh hysterically at your successful prank call!
The best prank call numbers
While there are many funny prank call numbers out there, we’ve compiled a list of the best ones for your amusement. From the classic “wrong number” gag to the always popular “prank your boss” joke, these numbers will have you laughing in no time.
So, without further ado, here are the best prank call numbers:
1. The classic “wrong number” gag: +1-212-867-5309
2. The ever-popular “prank your boss” number: +1-718-313-8888
3. The always funny “fat guy in a speedo” number: +1-305-666-6666
4. The hilarious “Chinese takeout” number: +1-213-321-1234
5. And last but not least, the always entertaining “prank call Pizza Hut”: +1-866-966-9665
Prank call ideas
1. Prank your friends by calling them from a “blocked” number and asking them personal questions.
2. Pretend to be a telemarketer and give your friend a “special offer” that they can’t refuse.
3. Call your friend and pretend to be someone else, like their boss or a teacher.
4. Be a prankster and try to make the person you’re speaking to as angry as possible.
5. Impersonate a celebrity or public figure and see if your friend falls for it.
6. Give your friend a call in the middle of the night and ask them nonsensical questions.
7. Have some fun with sound effects and make bizarre noises while you talk to your friend on the phone.
How to avoid getting caught when making a prank call
It’s important to be careful when making prank calls, as you don’t want to get caught and end up in trouble. There are a few things you can do to avoid getting caught:
• Use a fake name and number when making the call. This way, if the person you’re calling traces the call, they won’t be able to find out who you are.
• Don’t use your own phone to make the call. Instead, use a pay phone or a friend’s phone. This way, there will be no record of the call on your own phone.
• Keep your voice disguised. If the person you’re calling knows your voice, they may be able to identify you even if you’re using a fake name. Changing your voice can help to prevent this.
• Be careful what you say. If you say something that could be used to identify you, such as where you live or work, it may be possible for the person you’re calling to track you down. Stick to generalities and avoid giving away any personal information about yourself.
What’s the funniest prank call you’ve ever made? Let us know in the comments below! And if you’re looking for more funny phone numbers to call, be sure to check out our list of the best ones.